This is your invitation to keep a Holy Lent and to grow in your faith. The pandemic feels like wilderness, but God does amazing things in the wilderness, even when the wilderness stretches on for a while! These are all wilderness stories that remind us of what God can teach there, and that good things come out of wilderness times.
Growing in the Wilderness is a 5-part video series. Each week on Wednesdays, you can check back on this page for the weekly video along with a reflection guide. We encourage you to use this resource individually, with a friend, or in a small group setting. Most of all, we encourage you to be an active participant in growing closer to God and in faith during this Holy Lent! You can find the series promo kit including a flyer and social images here. If you would like access to the video series ahead of the release dates for teaching purposes, please email the Communications Team.
Ash Wednesday | You are Dust (invitation)
The Wilderness | March 2, 2022
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUH4nyiMbGA” align=”center”][vc_column_text]
March 9, 2022
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEr6FODHDf4″ align=”center”][vc_column_text]
March 16, 2022
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/DuKbhp5J920″ align=”center”][vc_column_text]
March 23, 2022
March 30, 2022
April 6, 2022
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion active_section=”0″ collapsible_all=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”Created by the Office of Congregational Vitality” tab_id=”1644538674722-3363eaa4-91f3″][vc_column_text]
- Ash Wednesday Service at Home: For use with pre-blessed ashes, for imposition in the family
- Family Lenten Calendar: Focuses on something you can fast from, something you can give, and something you can do to serve. Each day is different. Choose one or all.
- Holy Week Activities for Families: Coming Soon. Follows Jesus’ last week. Includes a short Scripture reading, reflection, and activity for each day of Holy Week, from Palm Sunday to Holy Saturday.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”For Families/Intergenerational (any age)” tab_id=”1644538674730-345d1793-ed52″][vc_column_text]
- Faith @ Home: weekly devotional for families based on Sunday’s Lectionary
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy: for Families at Home
- Lenten Devotional: for Church and Home (free and editable for your church, from Building Faith)
- Family Stations of the Cross Scavenger Hunt
- Lenten Micropractices: For purchase; includes printable downloads that can be used alone or in a Lent-in-a-Bag for families by adding a few other supplies (suggestions included)
- Illustrated Ministries: Lenten Series (for purchase)
- Vincent Van Gough and the Beauty of Lent: from the Salt Project (for purchase)
- More Lenten Resources: from Building Faith, including video-based Way of the Cross, Prayer Beads, Lent & Easter at Home kits, and more
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”For Children” tab_id=”1644538741450-285ab66f-b390″][vc_column_text]
- Storymakers NYC: free videos (corresponding workbooks available for purchase)
- 40 Days to Pray Lenten Scratch off calendar
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”For Youth” tab_id=”1644540295410-b5610caf-577a”][vc_column_text]
- d365: a free online daily devotional resource for youth that is also has a phone app
- Diocesan Youth Curriculum Lessons: appropriate for Lent
- Any of the Family/Intergenerational activities are great for youth as well!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”For Adults” tab_id=”1644540313609-0929faa1-f26c”][vc_column_text]
- Bishop’s Teaching Series: Lessons from the Wilderness. Virtual videos and small group discussion guide, released weekly after Ash Wednesday. Videos and reflection guides coming soon!
- ERD’s Lenten Meditations
- The Way of the Cross for Pandemic Times: free with Station artwork, from ECF’s Vital Practices
- Living Compass Lenten Devotional: download PDF for free or order books; free PDF facilitator guide also available
- A Spring in the Desert: book for individuals for purchase WITH free coordinating video curriculum for group study from Forward Movement
- Are We There Yet?: devotional book for purchase on Pilgrimage in Lent
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Other” tab_id=”1644540321947-851c9728-2bd7″][vc_column_text]
- Bible Study Methods: for opening meetings or leading classes
- Live Streaming Information
- Tiered Technology Recommendations