Bishop Robert Wright joined WABE’s “Closer Look” to discuss the Death Penalty with Rose Scott. Fast forward to 39:58 to hear them discuss the new book Bishop Wright co-authored “A Case For Life.” Bishop Wright also shared his stories about his time ministering in Georgia prisons.
You can also listen to the audio recording on WABE’s website.
A Case for Life: Justice, Mercy, and the Death Penalty
Within the new book five authors make compelling arguments against the death penalty from their perspectives. Their personal experiences with both victims and perpetrators provide a moral case for ending state-sponsored killing.
The book’s contributors:
- The Rt.Rev. Robert Wright, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta
- Stephen B. Bright, Attorney at Law, Southern Center for Human Rights
- Susan Casey, Attorney at Law, Appeals Attorney for Kelly Gissendaner
- The Rt. Rev. C. Andrew Doyle, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas
- Justice Norman S. Fletcher, Retired Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Georgia