- This event has passed.
Native Voices: A Response to The Episcopal Church’s History with Indian Boarding Schools
October 11, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Join us for a panel discussion with Indigenous Episcopalians as they respond to a statement on Indigenous boarding schools issued by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry and House of Deputies President Gay Jennings. A moderated Q&A will follow the panel.
– The Rev. Dr. Bradley Hauff, Indigenous missioner of The Episcopal Church, moderator, Lakota
– The Rev. Isaiah (Shaneequa) Brokenleg, The Episcopal Church Office of Justice, Reconciliation and Creation Care, Lakota
– Buzz McDonald, Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma, Caddo
– Pearl Chanar, Episcopal Diocese of Alaska, Athabascan
– The Ven. Paul Sneve, Episcopal Diocese of South Dakota, Lakota
– Ms. Christine McCleave, CEO of the National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition, Turtle Mountain Ojibwe
– Forrest Cuch, Episcopal Diocese of Utah, Ute Tribe
– The Rev. Bude VanDyke, Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee, Eastern Band of Cherokee, musician
If you aren’t able to attend the livestream webinar, you can view a recording of it that will be posted on the Indigenous Ministries Facebook page.