- This event has passed.
Families and Politics Workshop
November 6, 2022 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Family relationships can become casualties of a toxic political environment. Family members are having bitter political arguments, avoiding each other, or even cutting off lifetime relationships.
If you want to preserve important family bonds while still being true to your values and political beliefs, this in-person workshop will offer you:
- Insight into why family differences over politics are uniquely challenging
- Recognition of common roles that family members play in political conversations
- Strategies and skills for handling family political differences in a constructive way
Although the focus is on family relationships, you can use learnings in this workshop with any loved one. You’ll laugh and have some fun in this workshop—it won’t be all serious. After all, we all come from quirky families.
This is a two-part workshop combining an eLearning module and an in-person session.
- Part one consists of a 40 minute, eLearning module. You will complete this online before the in-person session.
- Part two is the in-person session where you will be guided in practicing listening and speaking skills.
Questions? Contact Roy Evritt (Phone: 404-644-0269), John Schwenkler, Sharyn Dowd, or Barbara Brown.
This workshop is a free event brought to you by Braver Angels as part of our mission to depolarize America. Braver Angels is a 501c(3) non-profit. We invite you to consider a gift to Braver Angels; all donations are tax deductible. Your support will allow us to offer more workshops and debates with the ultimate goal of uniting America.